This campaign required patients to:
- Complete a 20-30 question pre-screening survey
- Complete a second screening process and detailed enrollment intake via telephone with an 83bar patient education specialist
- Collect then return an at-home stool sample via a provided kit
- Schedule, attend, and self-finance an in-office colonoscopy procedure with a gastroenterologist of their choice
- Assist with the medical records collection process
Virtual trial recruitment pricing depends on three key variables: Total number of patients required, length of recruitment time, and how severely inclusion and exclusion criteria narrow the available patient population.
The success of this campaign helped the 83bar client secure “Breakthrough Device” designation from the FDA and funding for a large pivotal study to begin recruitment in late 2020.