Episode: Physicians’ Views on Overcoming Obstacles to Patient Communications
In this episode of Patient Speak Healthcare Innovations, host Mark Stinson interviews healthcare leaders and advocates on overcoming obstacles to patient communications — and improving patient care.
Mark Stinson – Bestselling author
Dr. Alen Voskanian – Physician and Medical Executive, Author of “Reclaiming the Joy of Medicine”
- Viewpoint: Addressing physician burnout is crucial for improving the patient experience.
- Quote: “Burnout causes a lack of ability for physicians to extend compassion and empathy to their patients when their tank is empty.”
Dr. Maria DeLeon – Physician and Parkinson’s Disease Patient, Advocate
- Viewpoint: Listening to patients and improving access to essential medications is crucial for better care.
- Quote: “If we can’t even have the basic medications available, then we’re in trouble.”
Dr. Peter Small – Chief Medical Officer at Hyfe
- Viewpoint: Real-time monitoring of symptoms, such as cough, can improve patient selection for clinical trials.
- Quote: “The ability to know passively and in real time how much people are coughing… I think this is something that contract research organizations will jump on.”
Dr. Mark Pimentel – Gastroenterologist, Researcher, and Founder of a new breath test for IBS
- Viewpoint: Advancements in understanding the microbiome can lead to precision medicine for IBS patients.
- Quote: “We now know exactly who the bugs are… the treatment window for better and new things is wide open.”
Subscribe to the Patient Speak podcast on your favorite podcast app to listen to more episodes on healthcare innovations and the patient journey.